That new lift at The Canyons will move people from the village to the top of the mountain in a mere nine minutes. Wow!
Ripping fresh pow has never been easier.
Forget about the easy access to some of the best terrain in the world. Disregard the fact that this is the first lift of its kind in North America. Never mind that it will virtually eliminate all lift lines at the resort, increasing uphill capacity by nearly 50%.
I'm focused on one feature, and one feature alone: heated seats.
I'm not gonna lie... the thing I'm most stoked about on this new lift is the bun warmer! My backyard is unmistakeably cold and clammy when I ride. So I'm giddy at the thought of nine whole minutes to restore circulation and feeling to my assets.
The orange plexiglass shield to protect the rest of my body from Mother Nature won't suck either. I imagine it will be like a giant pair of goggles. Sah-weet!
But as any multi-tasking ADDiva would... I've been brainstorming things I might accomplish during those comfy, awesome moments on The Orange Crush. It's not enough to relax and take in the view... I might need to check a few things off my to-do list.
So, I've assembled a list of ten ways you might want to spend nine minutes on the Orange Crush. These are merely suggestions... a starting point. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more before opening day.
Ten Things To Do During Nine Minutes on the Orange Crush
(To be read David Letterman style for added comedic effect.)
- Phone the neighbor to make arrangements to pick your kids up after school for a play date because you are "stuck in Salt Lake City in a meeting."
- Share the after-effects of the chili you ate for lunch at Red Pine lodge.
- Practice your karaoke, as the Orange Crush Dome is certain to make you sound as good as you do in the shower.
- Warm up your child's face by pressing it into the heated seat.
- Check your hair and makeup in the reflction of the orange bubble cover. Reapply lip gloss as needed.
- Enjoy the hum of the chairlift and the silence of the other three passengers who are not whining because they are cold.
- Answer emails from clients on your iPhone4, making everyone think you are hard at work in the office. (Which you are... it just depends on your definition of "office.")
- Use the heated seat to warm-up the left-over breakfast burrito you stashed in your pocket, and then finish fueling up. Yum!
- Accidentally misdirect tourists to that "secret" powder stash just off Super Condor.
- Watch quietly, as the person next to you uses anti-bacterial wipes to disinfect the Orange Crush bubble as if it were a salad-bar sneeze guard.
This list should keep me busy when I ride for at least a few days. Leave a comment and let me know how you intend to spend your time on the Orange Crush while you tear up the Greatest Snow on Earth.